CoCo says: "A woman should be two things- classy and fabulous."

welcome.

I realize that as a budding fashion  journalist, that I should to put my writing skills and knowledge of fashion to solid use. Thus, the birth of this blog.  (Warning: I'm a huge fan of alliteration.)

First off, I will start off by saying that I have a disease.  The symptoms include a fervor of designer labels, an indulgence of  apparel, and an uncontrollable obsession with all things fashion. 

I'm not searching for a cure.

This blog is dedicated to everyone and anyone who has this disease, aka glam goddesses. 

Let's spread it. 

Why Glam Goddess?
Well, I am currently making it a habit to be in front of my TV on Thursday nights at 10 to watch the new VH1 show "Glam God." It's  hosted by Vivica A. Fox, who is supposedly known for being a red carpet diva (this is new news to me too.) The premise is that aspiring stylists compete in challenges that put their styling skills to the test. The winner receives a cash prize of $100, 000, an opportunity to join a major styling agency, and "the coveted title of being the ultimate 'Glam God'." 
As I watch the show, I realize that styling is all about making the right choices. This is something I go through everyday, whether it's deciding on what to wear to class, or work, or for a night out on the town. No matter where, I always make this an essential daily process-- and its the one moment of my day that I actually consistently enjoy.  I feel that I want to pass my knowledge of style with those who lack it, and share my passion for those who don't.  

Occupation destination-- GLAM GODDESS. 

A little bit about myself:
Me and my sister Erica always complain about how we we should have been born into inheritance (I.e., The Hilton's). I always have a craving for luxurious lines and couture clothing. It's actually more of an addiction. 
I see fashion as live art, art that is wearable. Many people may not understand or acknowledge that fashion is an important part of our daily lives. We have to wear clothes everyday, don't we? We always make the choice of what to wear each day. However, what sets the Glam Goddesses (and Gods) apart from others is that we actually take the time to care. 

My fashion icons: 


 Rihanna, for her eclectic taste. She takes chances and she's west Indian. Not to mention a unique beauty. LOVE HER.



Lauren Conrad, for her simplicity. She's always sophisticated and clean. She embodies my style the most. 







Favorite Designer: 

Chanel's timeless elegance. I adore the feminine quality of the designs and the use of tweed fabrics, and jeweled adornments. Class & sophistication at it's best. 

Kudos to: Michael Kors, Diane Von Furstenburg, & Tory Burch. 

The Shoe GOD:



Christian Louboutin. The Master of the red sole. The genius of the female pump. In the words of Rachel Zoe: "I die."


Bury me in Chanel and Loubs, at least I know I died and went to heaven looking fierce. 




No comments: