CoCo says: "A woman should be two things- classy and fabulous."

top 10 fashionistas.

So, I have compiled a list of 10 fashionably influential females who have inspired me to find my sense of style. Ranking these women would be pretty much impossible because each have a distinct way of molding themselves. Overall, they have all equally been muses in my eyes, and therefore wanted to acknowledge them.

Rihanna
If you know me, then you know how much I adore Ms. Rih Rih's impeccably edgy style. I don't even think people even remember her cookie cutter Caribbean image anymore since it's being suffocated by her present fashionable appeal.

Lauren Conrad
I've been following Conrad since her Laguna days, and she has shed her beachy good girl image and developed into one of the most chicly dressed women of my generation. Her involvement and contribution to fashion should not go unrecognized. From starting off as an intern being stifled under the wing of Lisa Love, to being smothered by the bat wing of Kelly Catrone of People's Revolution, to even having her own line (that failed due to the struggling economy,) Conrad's resume should be envied by fashion aficionados everywhere.

Angela Simmons
Spawn of the bishop of Hip Hop Rev Run, the 22 year old has achieved what most people have taken years to in the fashion biz. In partner with her older sis Angela, she has a clothing and shoe line, she's styled and oversaw wardrobe in magazines, and even had her own mag that was short lived, but it's still an accomplishment. Overall, I admire not only her eclectic taste, but her determination to deter from her family and make it on her own.

Rachel Zoe
Okay, so maybe she O.D.'d with the botox, and maybe I'm a little peculiar as to how she manages to wear platforms that weigh more than her, BUT I must shout out Ms. Zoe as being apart of my Alma Mater (she's a GWU Grad!) No one can really deny the fabulousness of Zoe. From her faux (I hope) fur shags to the panther on her finger her style is wild. I just recently purchased her book "Style from A to Zoe," and anticipate reading what she has to say about fashion.

Taylor Jacobson
Not a familiar face, but if you watch the Rachel Zoe Project, you definitely know her to be the bitchy style associate to Zoe. Though her attitude needs adjustment, her style is not to be questioned. Her signature is putting flares of punk with chic designer accessories.

Kim Kardashian
Known to be controversial and a bodacious socialite, Kardashian has somewhat pulled her self from under the dark light of scandal by always being on point for the lights that constantly flash on her. She smartly plays on her sexy curves with shapely silhouette, but also plays them down with conservatively chic shifts.


June Ambrose
Ambrose has to be one of (if not my ultimate) fashion hero. She is the stylist to most of the hottest stars (Jay-Z brilliantly coined her as "The Secretary of Style".) Like most of the fashionably educated should, she has written a book that I am currently reading called "Effortless Style" in which she shares her wisdom on how to be well dressed. (Blog post about that coming soon...)

Zoe Kravitz
I did most of my ranting and raving about Ms. Kravitz in my Up & Coming post. Like Jacobson, she successfully pulls off being punk, yet feminine (which can sometimes be like mixing oil and vinegar.) She's able to stir the two together ultimately making her a toxic fashion force to be reckoned with.


Solange Knowles
Creeping from behind her sister's overtly curvaceous shadow, Solange has managed to make a unique name for herself. Not only has she grown up to be a wife and mother (accomplishing something substantial earlier than Beyonce), she has also sprung into being a fashion forward fatale.

Carrie Bradshaw

I am a loyal Sex & the City fan, and love the lifestyle Bradshaw leads (even though I can't "help but wonder" how a sex columnist could afford to stash couture in her closet?) Although she's fictional, she never fails to put the unexpected together, consistently making her style one of a kind.



So who is a Fashionista anyway?
She ultimately has a distinct and defined style and radiates confidence. She knows trends, but she'd rather set them. She's educated on what works for her, but is never too shy of trying new things...




2 comments:

Liz Lizo said...

Oh Taylor Taylor, I can't for RZP just to see what Taylor is going to be wearing. That suit Rihanna has on has been haunting me, I love it. Great influences!

zahrajamila said...

i know right! when does the second season come on!?? LOL