CoCo says: "A woman should be two things- classy and fabulous."

the verdict is in...

So after awaiting with much anticipation... 

Michelle Obama wore a cream Jason Wu asymmetrical chiffon gown with  sparkled appliques. She accessorized with diamond drop earrings, diamond bangles, and a diamond ring (or shall I say rock.) I was actually pleasantly surprised by her choice. The color of the dress suited her well and the fit was figure flattering and the jewelry complemented the gown. My only criticism was her hair. I would have preferred her hair to be up instead of down in that same stoic bob, but maybe it stayed that way because of time constraints.  I was just relieved that this was not a Narcisio-like nightmare. 

However, I did not care for her Inauguration ensemble designed by Cuban immigrant Isabel Toledo (she loves those south of the border styles.) It was a "lemongrass" dress with a matching embroidered coat with a blinged out broach. She wore dark green leather J.Crew gloves with darker green Jimmy Choo pumps. The color and the fit was just off and I didn't really appreciate all the different types of greens. We all know that Michelle has some hips on her, which I feel like she tries to disguise by wearing potato-sac-ish ensembles that just drown out her figure. The Jason Wu did the complete opposite since it was banded right around the waist. 

I would honestly have to say that Jill Biden's gown was superb! She wore a crimson Reem Acra strapless chiffon design with a banded bustier and flowed beautifully below. She wore diamond drop earrings very similar to Mrs. O's. The dress would have looked good on the first lady too, (I actually) would have preferred to see Mrs. O in the Acra, oh well...) 


The Obama girls looked absolutely adorable in their J Crew 'fits. Malia wore a royal blue pea-coat with a black scarf, tights, gloves and ballet flats, while Sasha sported a pink pea with orange scarf, pink tights, and red flats.  Pink and orange is always a daring combo, but I think Sasha pulled it off. 

Is it just me, or does Sash always look bored at these events? And isn't Malia the perfect combo between her mom and dad? She's got her mom's cheekbones and mouth and her father's forehead, LOL.

1 comment:

Liz Lizo said...

I had to read what you had to say about the first lady's outfits. oh and mrs. Biden was really feeling her reds.